Thursday 5 September 2013

Off to Leicestershire...

I'm really looking forward to this weekend. I'm off to Hugglescote to cover the wedding of the lovely Emma and David. Don't get me wrong I always look forward to every wedding I get to attend but this weekend I'm excited for different reasons, well additional ones:

Firstly, the happy couple to be were almost as excited to go play on a defunked tractor during their pre wedding shoot as I was...



I love tractors. I love most large scale agricultural machinery, it makes me a little wide eyed and child like. Maybe it's the diesel fumes.

This and the fact that they are a most relaxed and generally ace couple bodes for a good day's photography in my books anyway.

Secondly, I'll get to see another couple whose wedding I photographed back in 2011 at St Wulframs, Grantham...

Grantham Wedding Photography, St Wulframs
Just Married, St Wulframs, Grantham

and afterwards at Harlaxton Manor in the Vale of Belvoir...
Harlaxton Wedding Photography
Catch! Harlaxton Manor, Vale of Belvoir



I also get to see the newest addition to their family who I haven't see since he was this size...



Those that know me will know that I'm not usually one for baby photos, but these guys were keen on my style of photography so I agreed to have a go. Despite a small accident involving my black velvet and no nappy, I had a brilliant morning with the family and got some lovely images for the mantlepiece I think.


I'm guessing he's at least quadrupled in size by now.

It's got me thinking about how many couples I still hear from in one way or another, through Facebook or the odd email. It's lovely.

Sometimes I get to catch up in person too. A lot of my work comes through recommendations which is great, it means I must be doing something right. It also means that I get to see couples I have previously photographed again, often wielding small children which is just brilliant. I've always been very grateful for a job that lets me be so close to of one of the most important days of someone's life, it's a real privilege. Being able to see some couples grow into families over the years is something super special too. I'm very lucky.

For a split second there I considered taking up infant photography as a side line and almost googled machine washable black velvet. Don't worry, order has resumed, will stick to what I'm good at.

So that's Saturday. On Sunday we're having a barbecue with lots of spicy sausages. It's going to be a lovely couple of days. Here's hoping for bright skies and little need for an umbrella. Have a lovely weekend all.

No comments:

Post a Comment