Wednesday 12 March 2014

How to use your pre wedding photographs at your wedding; some thoughts from the wedding photographer...

Spring weddings are now upon us! The weather is showing signs of steady improvement, the cameras and lenses have returned from their service and I'm back in the East Midlands after a sneaky little holiday to Ireland so we're all ready and rested in time for another busy summer.

Séamus looking for Fionn MacCool (alternative spellings available) on the Giant's Causeway.
Other peoples holiday snaps, it doesn't get any better than that does it?! 

Spring looks set to be a pretty exciting time at the Top Studio this year. As well as the blooming obvious, we also have quite a bit of new stuff going on...

At the moment I'm in the process of setting up a bit of a stationery range for my wedding clients. Lots of brides have asked what they're supposed to do with their pictures from their pre wedding shoot but not many go on to do a great deal with them apart from maybe make one their Facebook profile picture for a while. This is fine, of course, but I thought it might be nice to offer a few other easy options. Inspired by one of this year's May brides, we're now making personalised guest books in addition to our invitations (you can't get much more bespoke than an invitation with a picture of yourselves on it now can you?) and signing boards.

Nothing massively groundbreaking, just making these things simpler and easier to get hold of so couples can save time and concentrate on the important wedding preparations, like cake tasting...

This looked like good cake. 
I love cake.

It also means that your wedding album can subtly match your guest book etc if you'd like it too. I'm loving the idea of tinkering with these things. I always promise that I'll never ever attempt to artistically direct your wedding day, that's just not the sort of photographer I am. I will however have a jolly good play with the design of your wedding memorabilia if you'd like me to, probably whilst eating cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment